Monday, February 20, 2012

I got a citation (have to appear on court) for not having valid tag, and insurance, should I get a lawyer ?

I went to this "ticket clinic" company which charges me 500 dollars to take my case, should I pay them that? or should I just go to court my self.



The ticket was given to me for driving with a tag expired for about a year and not having insurance. What do you guys reccomend ? can I potentially end up paying more if I dont get a lawyer for this ? or does it usually end up being less than what a lawyer charges you for this kind of thing.



I live in MIAMI FLORIDA by the wayI got a citation (have to appear on court) for not having valid tag, and insurance, should I get a lawyer ?
Unless you had an accident, and were cited during the investigation, I'd say you stand a pretty good chance of beating the ticket IF you have the car registered and get valid insurance. I don't think a lawyer is necessary - only insurance and tags!I got a citation (have to appear on court) for not having valid tag, and insurance, should I get a lawyer ?
A bad answer AND bad legal advice. Wow, 2 strikes on one pitch! Good luck, buy my advice stands.

Report Abuse


just go plead guilty and pay....paying a lawyer will just make him/her richerI got a citation (have to appear on court) for not having valid tag, and insurance, should I get a lawyer ?
you should get the insurance, and tag and go to court,,,it will look better if you have everything right before you go, I don't know what a ticket clinic can do for you. that's alot of money, what if you still have to pay the fine after you pay them, I would just go ,and be at the mercy of the court. apologize, maybe the judge will go light on you
Maybe you should fess up to your stupid and selfish actions and pay your ticket. What the h*ll do you have to contest?



YOU did something wrong, put millions of people in danger- and now what no punishment?I got a citation (have to appear on court) for not having valid tag, and insurance, should I get a lawyer ?
You should get a laywer, because of the no insurance charge.
I'd get a lawyer, personally. They sometimes can wind up costing you LESS than the total fines and insurance surcharges that you may otherwise be facing. Sometimes a good lawyer can plead you down to a lesser offense with a smaller fine, fewer points and little or no insurance rate impact.



The expired tag isn't such a big deal, they may drop that one. The no insurance charge IS a big deal. Getting insurance after the fact will NOT get you out of a jam on that one. In many states, driving without insurance isn't an infraction or moving violation but a criminal complaint. For that reason alone, a lawyer is a good idea.
Don鈥檛 know about florida 鈥?but in Oregon: both are just a violation of the law, not a crime. Lawyers are expensive and should be used for 鈥楥rimes.鈥?With a violation, you should be able to argue for yourself. If you screwed up, take responsibility and the punishment. If you鈥檙e guilty, a lawyer can鈥檛 make you innocent. Besides, the judge might be easy on you if you can show proof of current insurance and tags. In Oregon, those charges would more than likely be dismissed upon showing the judge, with proof, you鈥檙e made it right.
dont get a lawyer, request to take defensive driving or referred judification in the mean time GET INS AND UPDATE YOUR TAGS. the court will ask to see that you have done that.
No, don't waste money on an attorney, just bring the registration and insurance current and bring that proof to court with you. The fine may be reduced once you provide proof.
Save yourself the $500 and go to court yourself.



But even though you have recently gotten your tag and insurance, still will not get you out of the ticket.



You MIGHT get a lenient judge, and see that you "corrected" the situation and keep the fine low, but you still broke the law on that date.



I am surprised you did not get your vehicle impounded on the spot.



Also, watch out for points that the judge may attach to your driving record.

No comments:

Post a Comment