Monday, February 20, 2012

Visiting miami/keys, what should we know?

my friend and I want to plan a trip to Miami next year. We are going to shoot for next October to give us both some time to save for a really nice vacation. I have some questions for people who know the city well....



1. what is the best time of year to go? is October ok? I want a lot of people around and I don't want to feel like the beaches are empty because it's not summer time.



2. is it easy to drive to the keys? we will be flying in from cali, so obviously we will need a rental car.. which I am sure we will get from the airport.. how far of a drive are the keys from miami?



3. what kind of things are there to do and must see in the keys and miami?



4. what is the night life like? lots of clubs? bars? what do people like to do there?



10 points for the most descriptive answer!Visiting miami/keys, what should we know?
went to south beach miami, and key west two years ago for spring break



1) went in march, and it was not too pack. october, you should be okay. BUT the ocean will be cold.



2) miami and keys 3 hours apart, and wasnt that bad.



3) miami. make sure you go downtown. night time so fricken awesome.

keys has another name called the "biker's mount" it is pretty noisy at night with motorcycles, and filled with peopole. make sure you stick with your friend. parking is a *****. hard to find but you should be ok. the beach was ok, but a little packed. i got deeply sunburned when i went in march. if i had a choice to live at keys, my answer would be no, but i would love to visit again.



4) HELL YEAH! nightlife is awesome. but there are homless people around sleeping, and asking for change..just to let you know. nightlife is pretty warm. there will be a lot of gay people there but i didnt have a problem with it since they're cool :P







ever since i visited miami, for the past year, i been thinking about moving there within 2 years ONLY if i can find a job that matches my field of study :P





have funVisiting miami/keys, what should we know?
hi! I live in south florida :D about an hour away from miami+keys, the best time to go I THINk would be the summer. I know most people come down here for the summer/vacation in the keys, and the beaches are REALLY nice. idk if it's easy to drive to miami, but I was in california visiting family and flew back here, took about 6 hrs. not that bad. and keys to miami takes about 2/3 hrs, not too sure about the must sees, but in miami, DEFINITELY SOUTH BEACH! greatest place :) and also bayside is nice. in key west, I'm not too sure, been there once a few yrs ago but forgot %26gt;.%26lt;. in miami, there are alottt of clubs and bars (did you see jersey shore?) haha, but yeah, KLUTCH, BED, those are a few bars, not sure what they do there.. btw I'm only a teen so sorry if I sound a bit uneducated !

No comments:

Post a Comment