Monday, February 20, 2012

1 day in Miami - what can I do & where should I stay?

I have 1 day to spend in Miami before my Caribbean cruise. What tourist things should I do?



Also, where should I stay? Is it worth staying out by the port?1 day in Miami - what can I do %26amp; where should I stay?
Staying by the Port means staying in Downtown Miami.



I suggest staying in South Beach, which is about 10 minutes and a $15 dollar cab ride from where your cruise ship.



24 hours in South Beach is a perfect amount of time to see the City. You can take walk down Ocean Drive, the Boardwalk, Lincoln Road, and Espanola Way, spend a few hours at the beach, or take a sightseeing tour.



You can find lots of local tour info here:



http://www.miamibeach411.com/tours.html



Hope this was helpful :)1 day in Miami - what can I do %26amp; where should I stay?
On the beach and shag
It depends what you're into. There's zoos, malls, beaches, shops, bars and restos...1 day in Miami - what can I do %26amp; where should I stay?
stay in vice city its a lovely place.
yeah go to the port1 day in Miami - what can I do %26amp; where should I stay?
pretend to be a csi and solve some murder cases
miami is a beautiful city theres tons of things to do my advice grab the newspaper and grab a show or hit our beaches its hot and they are so nice specially at night, stay by the port you wouldnt want to miss your cruise by the way have fun in the caribbean that too is wonderful
Stay near Lincoln Avenue and spend the night on there. That is where best restaurants are to be found and there is lots going on. It is also safe in the area.
if you're in south beach.. go to the beach (bring cash if you want to rent an umbrella or beach/lounge chair), walk along lincoln ave there are tons of shops/restaurants to visit. DEFINITELY take a tour through "duck tours" to star island and see the celebrities homes. if you like "emerill's" cooking... he has a restaurant in one of the big hotels along the strip next to the beach in south beach.



definitely hit up "the news cafe" on ocean blvd. they have yummy food, affordable, and you can see "everyone" walking by. there's a club called mango's on ocean as well... the nightlife seems to be good at the spot too.



as far as hotels, there are many to choose from. look on expedia.com
go visit my friend the ARTIST Romero Britto ocean drive....he'll amaze you.
Hey there! I live in the MIA! Born %26amp; raised here! I say u go 2 South Beach and go 2 the nightclubs! Theres a bunch 2 choose from. I promise u will luv it. What happens in miami, stays in Miami!
what to is don't come this week 'cause hurricane Ernesto is commin
Go straight to South Beach, just a short Taxi ride from the port. There are to three streets you can check out: Ocean Drive (beach front), Washington, and Lincoln Road. These are full of stores, cafe restaurants, Tattoo places, everything in one place. Is the Miami Beach you always see on TV. If you can afford an very expensive meal go to Joe's Stone Crabs. If you do not want to drop a load of money there are tons of other great places too.
You've go to go to South Beach. It's the place to be.

Hotels are easy depending on your funds.

If you've got a lot of cash you have to stay at The Delano. It's amazing and the place to see and be seen. The hotel is amazingly decorated and the pool have pool beds at night when the bars open.

If you want to stay in that area and walk to The Delano the Doubletree Surfcombe is two doors down and a good deal cheaper. We stayed their on our honeymoon and were impressed.

I'm a travel agent so know that doubletree hotels don't sound flash but this one has understood that because they are situated on the expensive strip of hotels that they have to up their game. The lobby has lovely decor. The pool is gorgeous and full of beautiful people. Although I would have loved to stay at The Delano my bank balance wouldn't allow but The Doubletree was a great alterative.
(S.Beach) Ocean Drive hands down
I love Bayside, Hard Rock Cafe is there, also from here you can take boat tours around star island, where loads of celebrities have fabulous homes. For a hotel I would definately recommend the Riu, but get an ocean view room. Right next door to Dennys, and a 20 minute walk down the beach to Lincoln Rd Mall

No comments:

Post a Comment